Volunteer Job Spec: Honorary Secretary – BICT
Business Ireland Cape Town is seeking a volunteer for the key role of Honorary Secretary.
The role is integral to the team and will work closely alongside fellow board members and external organisations in both Cape Town and Ireland to promote commerce between the two regions.
BICT and BISA are non for profit organisations.
Board members give their time and energies freely.
Roles do not carry remuneration.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in a similar role who may have up to 3 hours per week available to commit to BICT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New enquiry lead assignment to board members
- Attending and taking minutes for fortnightly board meetings
- Responding to general enquiries
- Co-ordinating board meetings and adhoc board meetings
- Liaising with Chairman regarding event planning etc.
- Liaising with Membership Director
- Consolidating Excel sheet of current members
- Creating and sending invoices for membership fees/events
- Liaising with Paygate if problems occur
- Attending events
- Facilitating guests sign in and name tags